Corning microcarriers are designed to simplify your scale-up processes. The microcarriers are sterile, ready-to-use, and available in closed systems packaging to be used directly with bioreactors. Additionally, the microcarriers are surface-treated to enhance cell attachment, maximizing cell yield and viability.
- Consistency – USP Class VI polystyrene material provides a consistent platform
- Performance – Corning microcarriers are offered with four surface treatments:
- Corning Synthemax® II substrate creates a synthetic surface on the microcarriers for stem cell expansion. Use low concentration for MSC applications and high concentration for iPS/ES applications.
- Corning CellBIND® surface treatment infuses the surface of the microcarriers with oxygen to improve cell attachment
- Positive charge surface treatment
- Collagen coating
- Sterility Assurance Level (SAL) of 10⁻⁶
- Available as closed system solutions
- Bead size: 125 µm to 212 µm
- Density: 1.026 ± 0.004 g/cm³
- cm²/gram: 360
Vials and Closed System Packaging
Corning microcarriers are available sterile and ready to use in 10 g vials. This format provides flexibility to select the amount of beads to use.
During the mature phase of process development and into manufacturing, closed system packaging would be necessary to maintain sterility and ease bioreactor loading. Corning microcarriers are also available in off-the-shelf and custom closed systems packaging. Tubing, connectors, and materials are customizable based on individual needs.