Corning BioCoat Gelatin cultureware provides an attachment and growth promoting substrate for the culture of a variety of cell types. Gelatin is commonly used in the culture of vascular endothelial cells, muscle, embryonic stem (ES) cells, and F9 teratocarcinoma cells. It is also suitable for promoting adhesion of transfected cell types. Gelatin is a heterogeneous mixture of water-soluble proteins derived through the hydrolysis of Collagen.
- Promotion of cell attachment and spreading
- Culture of normal and transfected F9 teratocarcinoma cells for gene expression studies
- Culture of HUVEC for E-Selectin7 expression and VEGF induction8
- Tested for ability to promote proliferation of HUVECs
- Tested and found negative for bacteria and fungi