IMPORTANT UPDATE: Online ordering is now available for Media and Biologics products and select cell culture vessels.
For assistance with other products, please click here.
Select this option to continue as a guest or to order with a credit card at Corning's list price and register your tax-exempt status.
Select this option to view your account specific pricing or to order with a purchase order or credit card.
Corning® Interleukin-2 (IL-2), Human Recombinant, 50,000 BRMP Units, 1/PackProduct Number 356043
Corning® Interleukin-2 (IL-2), human recombinant, 5000 BRMP units, promotes long-term proliferation of activated T-cells. Also known as T-cell growth factor, Interleukin-2 (IL-2) plays a central role in cell-mediated immune response. 1/pack, formerly Cat. #40043B These cytokines have been used to promote long-term proliferation in cell culture and to induce cell-mediated immune responses in a variety of cell types.
Frozen in 55 mM sodium phosphate buffer containing 53 mM sucrose and 0.4% HSA
Preparation and Storage
Stable for at least three months at -70°C; =one month solubilized at -70°C
Recommended concentration: 10 BRMP units/ mL of medium depending on cell type
- Purity: >96% by SDS-PAGE
- Tested for ability to stimulate proliferation of the mouse T-cell line CTLL
- Filtered (0.2 µm membrane) and tested and found negative for bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma
- Tested for endotoxin (LAL assay)
Recombinant, E. coli
1. Hatakeyama, M. and Taniguchi, T., Interleukin-2 in Peptide Growth Factors and Their Receptors I, Springer-Verlag, NY (1990)
2. Kashima, N., et al., Nature 313:402 (1985)
3. Leonard, W.J., et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 80:6957 (1983)
4. Mori, H., et al., Int. Immunol. 3:149 (1991)
5. Morgan, D.A., et al., Science 193:1007 (1976)
6. Smith, K.A., Science 240:1169 (1988)
7. Meidema, F. and Melief, J.M., Immunol. Today 6:258 (1985)
8. Triachiesi, T., et al., J. Exp. Med. 16:1147 (1984)
9. Grimm, E.A., et al., J. Exp. Med. 155:1823 (1982)
Shelf life: >= 3 months from date of shipment at -70°C or >= one month solubilized at -70°C
This product is non-returnable. If you have any questions, please contact us immediately.
$489.42 per each
Out of Stock
|Qty./Pk||1 / Pk|
|Qty./Cs||1 / Ea|
|Storage Recommendation||refrigerated shipping|
|Packaging Configuration||50,000 units|